All SIDECUT Diamond Stones come with a precision machined flat aluminum backing plate that is colour anodized and laser-embossed displaying the grit. Best of all - when the diamond surface wears out you simply peel off and replace with a new self-adhesive sheet. Saving you money and allowing you to replace the diamond as needed.
CHOOSING THE CORRECT DISC
- 200 grit - Course is best used for burr removal and sharpening. This stone will even sharpen your edges without using a file first. It's always a good idea to carry one in your pocket for a quick hand sharpen or to remove rock damage on the mountain.
- 400 grit - Medium is used for sharpening and polishing. The most commonly used diamond and a good in-between grit.
- 600 grit - Fine is best used for the polishing and finishing of your edges.
- 1000 grit is used when you desire an extra high polish finish. When you're concerned about hundredths of a second or really care about how the edges perform on the hardest snow surfaces.
GOOD TO KNOW
- For best results use with SIDECUT polishing oil.
- Oil improves sharpening and polishing time, the speed of the edges and greatly improves the longevity of all your Diamond Stones because it's also used to clean them.
- Watch step 3 of our learn how-to-tune adult skis video: Instructional Tuning Videos